Every state should have a strong, productive Technical Advisory Committee to ensure the technical soundness and legal defensibility of the state assessment and accountability programs.
Establishing and Supporting TACs
The Center works with state agencies, administrators and educators to guide them in establishing TACs, demystifying complex technical information, and managing the process. The Center helps TACs translate technical information into practical policy and effective operational programs.
Specific tasks the Center supports are:
- TAC structure and process
- Recruit experts
- Develop discussion agendas
- Technical briefings and workshops
- Best practices and technical methods
- Policy statements and position papers
- Periodic assessment of stated goals
- Liaison with other groups and agencies
- Develop schedules
- Coordinate meeting attendance
- Monitor action items