State and district leaders are facing multiple concerns in response to widespread and potential long-term school closures due to the growing threat of COVID-19. The concerns are broad and consequential. Leaders are rightfully prioritizing the safety and welfare of students and the community. We have been inspired by the dedication and resourcefulness of leaders who are ensuring essential services, such as meals, are provided as well as facilitating innovative approaches to support remote learning.
Additionally, the school closures present substantial assessment and accountability implications and numerous challenges for state personnel. The Center for Assessment is poised to support our assessment and accountability colleagues around the country with technical, practical, and policy guidance and advice. We launched this page to help you efficiently find the resources you need during these uncertain times.
The resources are organized by the major categories of assessment and accountability and reflect the issues we anticipate state and district leaders will be dealing with over the next few weeks through next year. We hope you find these resources useful and if there is a question that you would like to see addressed, please email us or tweet at us. We continue to wish you all the best in these uncertain times.
- - School Disruption Due to COVID-19A High-Level Overview of Likely Implications and Options for Assessment and Accountability
- - Considering Equity Within Accountability Systems in Response to Interruptions in Schooling: Making Accountability Systems Help
- - The Outlook for ESSA School Accountability After COVID-19
- - Dealing with Fallout from COVID-19 School Disruptions: What to do Next in Assessment and Accountability?
- -Program Evaluations under COVID-19
- - We're All in This Together. Dealing Fairly with Assessment Contracts as Schools Cancel or Suspend Student Testing During the COVID-19 Crisis
- - An Assessment Response to Anticipated Learning Gaps. Implications of School Closures on Assessment Needs
- - In Search of Continuity of Student Learning After Extended School Closures
- - Issues and Considerations that the COVID-19 Pandemic Presents for Measuring Student Growth
- - Remote Learning Provides an Opportunity to Rethink Assessment (and Learning)
- - Carpe Diem: Evolving Education After COVID-19
- - Fall Educational Assessment: The Information You Need and How to Get It
- - Summative State Assessments Can Wait!
- - Stop Searching for the Holy Grail: Responding to COVID-19 Achievement Gaps